Our dining area was (and still is) in need of some help. I took down all the small frames because they were just too small.
Here's what it used to look like:
I went over to my friend Jenny's one day and she was painting some canvas's, and I thought, "I should try that..."
Thanks for the inspiration!
And here's how it turned out.
The canvas's are 18"x24". I bought them at Michael's with a 40% + another 25% off coupon. Love it!
I had these colors in mind and just bought paint samples after finding some color swatches that I liked. I still have quite a bit of paint left over, so maybe another fun project in the future?
The total price for this project was less than $20. And it's kind of cool that I did them myself. I really love the pop of color in here.
Chairs are next...finally? I think we're going with the table base color. I was thinking red, but that was too much for Tyler. So now that I have the color on the walls, I feel like I can do more dark/neutral with the chairs. We'll see...
5 comments:
great job. I think you should paint that wooden shelf to match the chairs and table base. It would tie it all together.
Brittany, I have thought about repainting the mirror. I know it needs to go darker - I was thinking black because I don't want everything to be matching. The color of the stain on the mirror has always bothered me against the wall color for some reason. So we'll see...
Love it!! I really like how it blends together. Good work!
I can see how the mirror stain is bugging you, it's too warm for the wall color. Too orange-y. Going black would be the simple fix, you wouldn't have to strip or sand it, would you?
I love DIY art. I want to do some canvases, I just don't have the room for them.
Red chairs, as much as I love them, would be too much for Ben too. He would let me do one, say in a living room, but not the entire dining room set. Compromise, compromise. :)
It looks great!! I would have never taken you for an artist!! :) I say go for the red chairs lol... you can always repaint if it doesnt work out right?! ;)
Post a Comment