12.07.2010

Jaren had a birthday, shout hooray!!

Well, I can't believe it, but this guy turned 4 last weekend. It just seems crazy. We've lived here for almost 4 years now, since Jaren was a baby when we moved here. We've been out of school for 4 years, which is the same length of time that we were IN school. 

Anyway, he wanted a tractor cake, so I came up with this concoction. An engineer helped, which is why it looks much better than if I had just done it myself. And maybe that's why the frosting looks a little rough. :)

 Just kidding, hon.



Jaren only had two things on his Christmas list. A mack truck (from Cars) and a big Garbage truck from the "pizza store". AKA Costco. 

A side note: Last week, Kaden wrote a letter to Santa. He told Jaren that he needed to write a letter to Santa, too. Jaren said that he didn't want to. Kaden insisted, saying, "You won't get any toys if you don't write him a letter. Santa will bring you present for your stocking." Jaren yelled back, "Then I will NOT play with it! I want a mack truck and a garbage truck from the pizza store!!!" 

Okay, then. I was trying not to laugh. Apparently, he doesn't get the whole Santa thing yet.

Uncle Ryan doing the bunny ears...
 So we got him a truck for his birthday, and I'm kind of wishing I would have bought 3. But they will learn to share, right?

 Thanks for the birthday gifts, family and friends!! 
It was fun to have Grandma, Grandpa, Lyndsey and Ryan here, along with some best friends!

6 comments:

ausandtif said...

My kids call Costco the pizza store, too! Hilarious! The cake is awesome!!!

Rach and Clark said...

dang, that is one impressive cake. Way to go! I would have never guessed that the "pizza store" would mean Costco, but when you think about it, it totally makes sense! I'm going to tell Clark that we need to go to the pizza store and see if he gets it...

Jenny-Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to a super great kid!

Amanda said...

I love the crumb donut hay bales!

Grandma M said...

That is the coolest, cleverest B-day cake ever! Way too cute to cut! Jaren is blessed with a talented Dad and Mom. We're sure he had a blast.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Happy Birthday to Jaren!! The cake is amazing! You remind me of my Mom..she would always make us fun creative cakes, and I always remeber tham every birthday!:)