5.04.2010

zoo trip

We enjoyed spending the day after our anniversary together as a family. The zoo was fun, but extremely busy with school groups. It cleared out quite a bit after lunch, so we definitely enjoyed it more. 

Jaren loved seeing all the animals. He hadn't been since he was a baby. He kept saying, "I don't WANT to go see the tiger." "I don't WANT to go see the bear!" And then, of course, we couldn't pull him away from the exhibit.

The otters were really playful. I think the boys could have sat there all day just watching them.


A rogue peacock. There is always one just wandering around the zoo. They are such beautiful birds! 
So many different colors and textures on one animal; it almost seems surreal.

On Saturday, Tyler went fishing. We tried to recuperate from all the fun of the last two days. The two youngest boys slept in until 10 am. Never, ever, has that happened! I definitely enjoyed a quiet morning finishing a good book. Now I'm trying to get back to the projects. The trim is all in place in the basement; I just need to paint some still. It looks awesome! Pictures coming soon...

4 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I love going to the zoo. I think that was the second zoo I ever went to in my life. Until you posted the pictures I had totally forgotten that I've been there.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Looks like you had a great zoo trip, and some awesome pictures! My kids love the zoo!!

Ben said...

Really want to live in WA for a time. The ocean is great, but the ocean with the trees and the clean air seems like heaven. Happy 7th.

Jenny-Jenny said...

I can only imagine those boys in the zoo! What a fun day that must have been.