11.16.2009

easy roman shade

Notice the lovely blue blinds we are rockin' here?

Well, they are no more!
(at least in this window)


I found this lovely blog where she does this to her mini blinds.



I gave it a shot and here is my after:


Yikes that window is a little dirty. This project was easy and is such an improvement! I spray painted the parts of the blind that I was going to be using. I bought tea-dyed muslin and 1" ribbon. I think it is actually belting, but it achieved the look I was going for. Grosgrain would work well, too.

Let me know if you try it! I want to see how yours turn out!

8 comments:

shaunie said...

I dreamed of putting Roman shades up in our new place, only to find those lovely vertical blinds at every window. Someday.

Brian & Stephanie Gates said...

looks great! I'm excited to see you guys soon! We fly in on Thursday and leave Monday....email me your phone number so I can call you, I'm not sure I have it.

Jenny-Jenny said...

That is brilliant! I think I'm going to try it!

Brianne said...

What a great idea! It looks so good.

Desiree said...

You did a great job! That is such a good idea.

Amanda said...

It looks great Nicole! I love the idea. Maybe if I get ambitious AFTER Christmas I"ll do this to my downstairs windows that have those blinds. Thanks for the idea.

Kim said...

Looks so good! I love it. I'll have to save this idea for a window somewhere... Most of mine are covered already, but this is super cute.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

I like yours even better!