The first Thanksgiving dinner that I have cooked on my own. It was fun, and the turkey turned out delicious.
How the boys entertain themselves when it is cold and rainy outside. They are shooting at a deer window sticker on our sliding glass door.
We went to downtown Seattle to the Seattle Aquarium. It was fun! The boys enjoyed seeing all the neat fish and touching the starfish.
Nemo and Dory. I think it is funny that they have exhibits with the type of fish in them now. One of the ladies was showing us some fish in a different exhibit, and calling the fish by their "Finding Nemo" names to explain something about them. What did they do before that movie existed?
Maybe people just didn't care as much before.
A picnic on their pier with leftover turkey sandwiches. Yum. That is almost my favorite part of having a turkey. All the leftovers!
We got a Christmas tree, too. Can't you just see the excitement on their faces?
I got the fun job of putting the lights on, and picking the slugs off. Ew. I never would have thought...
After it is all done. We're not too fancy. Especially because I know the decorations will be completely rearranged by Christmas. Or I could just put the tree in a playpen like my mom did one year!
We have so much to be grateful for in our little family. I love them so much!
13 comments:
wow! your hair is getting long! Your family is so adorable!
Looks like you guys had a fun, relaxing holiday! Cute pictures--I love that your boys are shooting at a deer sticker. hilarious!
Fun pictures...Lilly is sitting on my lap and she keeps saying, "Is that my friend Jaren?" at every picture of him. Too cute.
She did think that standing on the table was "being naughty"
...pretty funny coming from the girl who thinks every piece of furniture in our house is a trampoline!
Congratulations on a well cooked turkey. I am a little nervous for the year when I will have to cook one.Looks like your family had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I can't believe the huge grins on both of your boys' faces in the pictures with the Christmas tree! Too cute. Hope the rest of your holiday season is just as wonderful.
Your dinner looked delicious! My favorite part of Thanksgiving is leftover turkey sandwiches. But I haven't had those since I lived at home (high school). Oh well. And putting the tree in a playpen, that's a new one. I'll have to remember it in case I ever need to guard mine.
Cute posting. I love your hair. I like the bangs. Did you color it too? It looks darker. Your tree turned out cute too. Your turkey looked beautiful. By the time ours came out the meat was falling off the bone so it didn't look very pretty. Luckily no one saw it because I had it cut up and on a platter by the time everyone came to eat.
We like the hair cut, the tree is purty, the boys are looking impish, and we agree on the Thanksgiving leftover's.
Mom Wants to know how good Kaden's aim is. Is it as good as Tyler's yet?
Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!
Hey Nicole...what's with all the pictures from when you were in high school?
I'm just being a turd of course. Looks like good times. We're excited for Christmas.
Glad you were able to get some down time, and that your turkey worked out. You haven't had bangs in so long...you look younger...like 7th grade school-picture-younger. I always thought it was one of your best pictures.
You're christmas tree looks nice!! We just got ours up too and I tied not to use too many real glass ornaments on it because most of them broke last year!:C Looks like the boys had fun putting it up with you though!!
Great archery form Kaden! Your dinner looks so good-just wish we could have been there with you!Looks like you are all ready for Santa with your tree up. You'll have some anxious boys the next couple of weeks!
Wow, I'm impressed with your turkey! That looks dang good! I love your hair too! You cut bangs, right? We hope to see you over Christmas!
Post a Comment