Kaden found a baby in a wadded, rolled up blanket on our bed (not really a baby, just the blanket), picked it up and started saying, "don't cry....wha's the matter?... es alright baby... so tired baby..." so I asked him if he was going to put his baby to bed. He replied, "yeah." Then walked into his bedroom comforting the baby - - while Tyler was walking out of his bedroom, noticed Kaden and the "baby" and looked at me with raised eyebrows like, "what is he doing?" I don't know how fond of the whole "baby" idea Tyler is. He wants his boys to be BOYS. (maybe that's why he taught Kaden how to slide down the stairs in his sleeping bag yesterday).
So this morning, he found baby on his bed where he had slept with it all night. I was changing Jaren and Kaden picked up his baby and said it was crying. I asked him if he was going to feed the baby, and he said, "you feed baby, mommy." I told him, "it's your baby, YOU feed him." So he sat down on the floor, but his baby on his lap, and lifted his shirt up!! I wondered if that's what he was going to do, but I was surprised that he actually did it!
Taking care of the baby. Burping it, and wrapping it back up.
"The baby puked right here, mommy." He was wiping it up with a burp cloth.
Sorry for the depressing post last week. Tyler read it and said it sounded like he was an absent dad, which is so far from the truth. He HATES working those long days. This week will be much better because he's working a normal day (8 hours) on Thursday and taking Friday off. His parents and sister are coming to visit for the weekend, YAY!
4 comments:
I think that's cute about Kaden.......he's gonna make a good daddy! All I know is that by the time I have a boy he's going to be surrounded by PINK everything and lots of "my little ponies" and barbies!!
It's so cute to see toddlers try to take care of a baby, and Kaden knew just what to do! Hopefully Tyler doesn't get too put off by it. I don't think his 'manliness' is being affected!
By the way, Evelyn loved seeing Kaden on screen, she had to put her face right up to the computer to make sure he wasn't real or something.
Cute story!
Post a Comment