4.26.2007

10 Reasons

Today is Tyler's birthday, and our anniversary is in three days, so I wanted to post some reasons why I love Tyler so much!

1. No matter what I look like, or the house looks like when he comes home from work, he is ALWAYS happy to be home. Some days I can't get out of my pj's, much less shower. I feel bad that he comes home to me looking like I haven't been doing anything all day, and I think that sometimes that he thinks, "what has she been DOING all day?" because the house is a little messy, or the dishes are still in the sink, etc..But he says he NEVER thinks that. I believe him.


2. I used to be a clean cook. I would use something, then put it right back where it belonged. Well, now that I have two boys, and one of them has to be on a chair right beside me when I cook, my cooking methods have changed. When dinner is ready, the counters are strewn with empty containers, and all the packaging from cooking. Gross, I know. I try to clean it up a little bit before we eat, because almost every night, without fail, Tyler cleans the kitchen. He fills the dishwasher and runs it. Some days, he even has to unload the clean ones before he can clean up my mess.

3. Tyler is perfectly fine with me buying things for myself (clothes, makeup, etc.). I, however, HATE to spend money on myself. I always feel bad! It's so much easier for me to buy clothes, or other things for the boys or Tyler. But whenever I'm looking at clothes, which I love to shop and look at, Tyler just says, "get it." Just like that. No questions, nothing. Then there's me, "are you sure? do you like it?" The questions could go on and on. And the times when I do buy things, Tyler just laughs when I'm checking out, and says, "You just feel bad, don't you?" Yup, I do.


4. He loves the sight of me when I'm very pregnant. I just can't wait to have the baby and NOT be waddling around anymore. He just loves to feel my belly; maybe I'm cuter when I'm pregnant, I don't know, I just know how uncomfortable I feel. (Yes, I am pregnant in that pic. It's the only semi-cute one I could find.)

5. I love that he loves being in the outdoors. I love the mountains, and Tyler does too. He likes to be active and I have a feeling he'll be dragging me around when we're old and retired while I will just want to sit and knit. :)


6. He tries so hard to stay awake when I'm getting reday for bed so we can have pillow talk. Usually he falls asleep before I get into bed, and he's snoring. So I snuggle with him and fall asleep. This morning he asked me if I cuddled with him last night (he didn't know because he was asleep, and trying to wake him up after he falls asleep is like trying wake up a log), and I said yes. He said, "thanks." So sweet.

7. I love watching him hold our babies, in those tender moments. There's just something about a Daddy holding their babies for the first time that makes me just want to always be in that moment with him.


8. Tyler almost always makes breakfast on Sunday mornings. All week he leaves so early for work that he doesn't get hot breakfasts. So while I'm getting ready, he is cooking breakfast for me, so I won't have to do it. He even makes Saturday breakfasts too most of the time.

9. He doesn't complain when something I make for dinner doesn't turn out very well. Example: I tried a new recipe last night, and I was hoping that it would taste good. We sat down to eat, and after a few minutes I asked him what he thought. I thought it was kind of gross actually, and all he said was, "It's not the best thing you've ever made." Wow, he knows what the right answer is!

10. He motivates me to work out. Some days, he asks me if I have worked out. I am scared to tell him no, so that is my reason for working out! And it makes me feel good.

It also makes me feel good to know that I am married to a wonderful man that loves his family and his wife, and has his priorities in the right order.

8 comments:

Trav & Camille said...

You guys are sooo cute together! I'm so glad you picked an awesome guy!

Trav & Camille said...

Oh Ya...Happy Birthday tyler!

Kari said...

You guys sound so happy! I hope my married life can be filled with such bliss! Happy Birthday Tyler, and Happy Anniversary in a few days! How many years has it been?

Anonymous said...

Nicole you are such a sweetie. You sure know how to bring on the tears! We have to agree that Tyler is pretty special and we are so thankful that he picked you to be his wife and the mother of his children! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, first of all, Happy Birthday Tyler (we share a birthday you know)! It's always good to know that family and friends are happy in life! I'm glad you and Tyler are so in love!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! Isn't it great to have someone cook you a hot breakfast on the weekends?

The Mothership said...

It was our 4 year anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years already, it doesn't seem like it's been that long, but anyway. It's been awesome!

Ben said...

Geez Tyler, I feel like a real schmuck now. Thanks for setting the bar so high. -Ben