Farewell breakfast of waffles and strawberries. So yummy!
And probably watching Clone Wars on Netflix.
Guess which show the boys always ask to watch now? :)
We stopped in Bakersfield to visit Tyler's cousin, Tiffany and her husband Austin, and to meet their kids. Jaren and Tate are both 7, and were instant best buds with all the Legos he had.
It was so fun to see the kids all together.
And probably watching Clone Wars on Netflix.
Guess which show the boys always ask to watch now? :)
It was so fun to see the kids all together.
Devon Loved climbing on this room divider at the hotel. We stayed in Fresno for the night, after having dinner with one of Tyler's college roommates and his family.
The next morning, we got up bright and early to drive to Oregon. Devon was up for two hours in the night, beacuse he didn't eat enough dinner the night before. But I didn't realize that for a while. I thought he was just sooo tired, and couldn't settle down to sleep. Then Tyler woke up and said, "is he hungry?" We gave Devon a cheese stick to eat and he fell right to sleep, finally at 4 am. So, I wasn't feeling very perky three hours later. It was a long day.
And then to make a long day even longer, we had to make an unexpected stop...
To exctract this, below:
from Devon's nose. I know it looks small, but his nostril is smaller than that. We were near Roseburg, OR, driving north. I was trying to sleep while Tyler was driving and I wake up to Devon screaming bloody murder, with his finger in his nose. He was sneezing a lot, his right eye was turning red and watery, and his nose was runny, as well. He had been eating peanuts this whole trip, without any problem. Until now. We stopped at a Walgreen's to get some tweezers and other things to try and get it out on our own, but it was too far up there. The only thing open was the local ER. Two hours later, we finally got it out. Devon was a much happier kid!
The next morning, we got up bright and early to drive to Oregon. Devon was up for two hours in the night, beacuse he didn't eat enough dinner the night before. But I didn't realize that for a while. I thought he was just sooo tired, and couldn't settle down to sleep. Then Tyler woke up and said, "is he hungry?" We gave Devon a cheese stick to eat and he fell right to sleep, finally at 4 am. So, I wasn't feeling very perky three hours later. It was a long day.
And then to make a long day even longer, we had to make an unexpected stop...
To exctract this, below:
Tyler's cousin lives near Sutherlin and the kids all had a campout on the trampoline. We saw lots of shooting stars, and they had fun sleeping outside.
Hailey and Jim made a yummy breakfast of zucchini pancakes and sausage, with a fresh fruit salad. They have an amazing garden! It really made me miss not having a garden this year. I'm hoping for next summer to have something.
Boredom buster. I was hesitant to bring Play-Doh, but glad that I did.
It kept them entertained for a while.
Since traffic hadn't been bad up to this point, we decided to stop at the Portland Temple and walk around. We had been driving for three hours and needed to stretch. This is our first time being back at this temple since we were married. Eleven and a half years ago.
We found a praying mantis friend to hold.
From Portland, we hit traffic jam after traffic jam. It was a Sunday, so we were thinking that it wasn't actually going to be bad. Six hours later, we were home. A drive that should have take 6.5 hours, 7 tops, took over nine hours. We were all over it, but so glad to be out of the car. Coming home to our new place felt a little weird...it doesn't quite feel like "home" yet. I'm hoping to get some painting and personalization done on this place once the big boys go to school. That will be nice.







1 comment:
We are happy that you got to spend more time at Hailey's and also glad you are home, too. The Portland Temple is so beautiful and the memories there are very special. What a whirlwind week!
Post a Comment